Sent poem

I received the gift of a poem today from a lovely woman I've known and worked with for several years. The poem, The Invitation was written by Oriah, a writer originally from Northern Ontario and now living in Toronto, Canada.

I've not come across Oriah's writing previously but I love what she says on her blog about 'living as a writer'.

The Invitation is inspirational whatever you wish for yourself and I highly recommend reading the full version to be found at www.oriahsinvitation.blogspot.co.uk

THE INVITATION

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living.
I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream
of meeting your heart's longing.

                It doesn't interest me how old you are.I want to
know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your
dream, for the adventure of being alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Ukraine

DUSK Solstice Shorts Festival 2017

New Writing Scotland 35 'She Said He Said I Said'