Michael O'Siadhail.

I was reading Michael O'Siadhail's Poems 1975-1995,  particularly the selected sonnets from Fragile City and trying to listen to R4's production of Dante's Divine Comedy ( not a good idea to try to do both at the same time).

Coincidentally O'Siadhail's poem Beyond goes,

It was years later I thought of Dante's Beatrice,
And how once you'd chided me for making fun
Of an old man.......
You'd seen transparence in a stranger's infinite
Gaze. I moved in your light to see the light.

His sonnets are full of the qualities of light, poignancy and the subtle meanings deduced from gesture and are very highly recommended.

Transit is based in an airport where the poet is,

Gazing at all the meetings and farewells

among the crowds he notices a couple saying goodbye and the woman,

dissolves in crowds. An aura of her leaving glance
Travels through the yearning air. Tell me we live
For those faces wiped into the folds of our being.

Read these transformative poems and be moved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Ukraine

DUSK Solstice Shorts Festival 2017

New Writing Scotland 35 'She Said He Said I Said'