For Ukraine

I've noticed that my blog is read in many parts of the world and recently there have been some readers from Ukraine. This year will be momentous for Scotland given the forthcoming independence referendum in September but whatever happens no-one is likely to die on the streets in Edinburgh or Glasgow fighting for a change of regime and the opportunity to govern ourselves rather than be ruled by an increasingly irrelevant and distant parliament.
This is for everyone in Ukraine hoping that peace will return to your streets and your lives very soon together with democracy and freedom.

In the words of Michael O'Siadhail in Fallen Angel,

My gods of innocence
fallen, I clench a fragile self-reliance


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DUSK Solstice Shorts Festival 2017

New Writing Scotland 35 'She Said He Said I Said'