Cheer in February

It's February, it's cold and I don't know about you but I'm missing my fix of nordic noir. The Bridge on BBC4 on Saturday nights has just finished and has been brilliant. Sadly, I have a picture of the two troubled main characters , Saga and Martin standing beside Saga's dark mustard Porsche tucked away in my notebook. Roll on Series 3!

In the meantime, my partner is currently reading the Inspector Chen series. Inspector Chen is also a poet and one quote of his caught my mood this week and inspired this poem.

An old horse resting in the stable still aspires
to gallop thousands and thousands of miles.

from 'A Loyal Character Dancer'  by Qui Xiaolong (Sceptre)

Untitled

I never knew how to be young,
all those fol de rols and grips,
not to mention hips.
I do not know how to be old,
is it that time already?
I only know how
to dream of rowing boats.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Ukraine

DUSK Solstice Shorts Festival 2017

New Writing Scotland 35 'She Said He Said I Said'