Baking shortbread biscuits is not like making a poem....

but is more like grappling with a maths puzzle or stuffing a semi-wild animal. Why did I volunteer to make some shortbread biscuits as part of someone's Xmas present! If I was making a poem I would simply use the materials to hand or in my mind but with baking biscuits I have to follow a Recipe using precise amounts of the correct ingredients. So this morning I am making ginger biscuits and according to The Recipe I should be using not only Plain Flour but Corn Flour or Rice Flour. We have not quite enough Plain Flour so I've decided to top up with Self Raising Flour (not recommended). The Recipe also requires Caster Sugar but we only have Granulated Sugar...this will have to do.We have no Salt but we do have Dried Ginger Pieces which I will chop up small to create Chopped Ginger Pieces. Once all these ingredients have been combined (sort of) the mixture has to be rested in the fridge!
My plea is...why are so many things in life like solving impossible maths puzzles?
Mabel,Meme,Mary & Ruby...help!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Ukraine

DUSK Solstice Shorts Festival 2017

New Writing Scotland 35 'She Said He Said I Said'